Founded as Brockton Hospital in 1896, the Hospital is the oldest and largest inpatient facility in its service area, which is designated as the city of Brockton and twenty-one surrounding municipalities. We strive to be recognized as the "providers of choice" by staff, patients, and the community.
We are a community-based non-profit teaching hospital, providing a full range of clinical services. We maintain a major teaching affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are a member of the Massachusetts Hospital Association and the American Hospital Association.
The hospital has 245 licensed beds, including a 29-bed hospital-based skilled nursing unit. Operation of this Transitional Care Unit began in 1997. In addition to providing medical/surgical, pediatric and obstetric services, the hospital offers inpatient and outpatient psychiatry, radiation oncology, cardiac catheterization, Level II nursery, and magnetic resonance imaging.
In 2008 and 2010, we received the Premier Award for Quality, ranking us in the top 1% of all acute care hospitals in the country.